Saturday, April 20, 2013

How can I set Facebook to notify my regular email whenever I get a Facebook message?

Q. I don't go on Facebook often and sometimes I get a message on Facebook and I never know. I need to have it send me an email notice at my regular non- facebook email address when there is a message for me on face book. How do I do that? Thanks.

A. edit your notifications in the account settings

How do I stop Facebook from sending me email notices of my Facebook friends birthdays?
Q. Facebook sends me an email notice whenever any of my Facebook friends has a birthday. I would rather not receive notices sent through my personal email from Facebook when any of my Facebook friends has a birthday. Where exactly do I go on my Facebook account to change something so that Facebook will stop sending me email notices on my friends' birthdays?

A. You can off it from here.
http://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=notifications

What does allowing Facebook to search for contacts on my phone do?
Q. Will it alert contacts that I have Facebook? Or will it just give me a list of my phone contacts who have Facebook? I ask this because I want to find the profile of an old friend, but don't want other contacts to be alerted that I have Facebook, for obvious reasons like no one really uses it anymore. So will it alert them?

A. It will not alert your contacts that you have a Facebook. It will just let you know which of your contacts have an Facebook.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment