Thursday, April 25, 2013

How do I contact someone over LinkedIn without an enhanced account?

Q. Someone at a company I'm interested in working for viewed my profile, he's also an alumnus from my same university. I want to begin communication from this person but I don't know how without upgrading my account for $20/month. Adding him as a connection doesn't seem appropriate at this moment in time and upgrading my account doesn't seem worth it right now either as LinkedIn hasn't shown to me it's worth it, yet.

Advice?

A. Hi! It seems like it would be OK to add him as a connection, unless you know a reason I'm not thinking of as to why it would be inappropriate? The other option would be to try to find his email address on his company's website. Good luck! :)

How to make sentences on different lines on Linkedin?
Q. On Linkedin I want to add different societies and activities that I am involved in under my education section. How do I make them be on different lines?

A. you can't, you can only list one...sorry :-(

How do use LinkedIn to connect with others in my profession for real time advice and support?
Q. How can I get connected to working professionals in my field online to give/receive practical real-time advice?

A. You need to find a couple of people who have Linkedin accounts. Those connections will then give you access to their connections to the 3rd degree. I believe you send a formal invitation to the connections that you want and if they reply, they add you to their connections.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment